Your well being care supplier might ask you to alter your dressing at dwelling. By putting a moist (or moist) gauze dressing in your wound and permitting it to dry, wound drainage and useless tissue may be eliminated if you take off the outdated dressing. Observe any directions you might be given on learn how to change the dressing.
Take away Your Dressing
To take away your dressing observe the steps:
- Wash your arms totally with cleaning soap and heat water earlier than and after every dressing change.
- Placed on a pair of non-sterile gloves.
- Take away the outdated dressing. Whether it is sticking to your pores and skin, moist it with heat water to loosen it.
- Put the outdated dressing, packing materials, and your gloves in a plastic bag. Set the bag apart.
Altering Your Dressing
Observe these steps to place a brand new dressing on:
- Placed on a brand new pair of non-sterile gloves.
- Pour saline right into a clear bowl. Place gauze pads and any packing tape you’ll use within the bowl.
- Squeeze the saline from the gauze pads or packing tape till it’s not dripping.
- Place the gauze pads or packing tape in your wound. Fastidiously fill within the wound and any areas beneath the pores and skin.
- Cowl the moist gauze or packing tape with a big dry dressing pad. Use tape or rolled gauze to carry this dressing in place.
- Put all used provides within the plastic bag. Shut it securely, then put it in a second plastic bag, and shut that bag securely. Put it within the trash.
- Wash your arms once more if you find yourself completed.
The purpose of Trust HHC is to boost the well-being of our sufferers by decreasing the quantity and frequency of hospital admissions and visits to the emergency division, in addition to, diminishing the problems and the chance elements related to sickness.
For details about our providers, please, see our providers net web page, or give us a name at the moment. We stay up for serving to you preserve and luxuriate in your present life-style throughout the consolation of your individual dwelling.